• Caring for the Planet with Smart Sustainable Farming •
Amazing Corn Casserole
A tasty vegetarian casserole featuring bi-color corn, french cut green beans, red bell peppers and more under a crunchy cracker crust.
- Preheat oven to 375 while you prep the veggies.
- Finely chop the onion, about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup, and place in large mixing bowl.
- Dice the red bell pepper and add to the bowl.
- Drain and rinse the cans of corn and beans and add to bowl. If you are using frozen bags, cook them according to directions first before adding to mixure (otherwise it will take too long to bake).
- Add sour cream, condensed soup, garlic, one cup milk, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and fold the mixture together.
- Spray 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray and add mixture.
- Top with crushed crackers and spritz with spray butter/margarine or drizzle with a few tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes until hot and golden brown on top.
White and yellow corn, 1 can or half frozen package
French cut green beans, 1 can or half frozen package
Red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves pressed garlic
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Ritz Crackers, about 20
Cream of celery soup
Light sour cream
Freshly ground black pepper