• Caring for the Planet with Smart Sustainable Farming •
Fire Roasted Garlic Bulbs
Roast an entire head of garlic to bring out incredible flavor perfect as a spread on fresh bread or as an ingredient for another dish. Works great on the grill or in the oven.
- Preheat to medium-high indirect heat (about 400 degrees) or preheat oven to 400.
- With a chef's knife, slice off the top of the garlic head so the tops of the cloves are exposed. Which end is the top? The top is the pointed side and the bottom is the flatter side with the roots. You'll want the flat bottom side intact so it sits right for cooking.
- Place the cut garlic head on a square piece of aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil onto the exposed cloves. Season with pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Loosely fold up the foil around the head of garlic and place on baking sheet or in a casserole dish for oven preparation. For grilling place directly on the grates. Bake for 45 minutes, or grill for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven or grill and peel back foil, being cautious of escaping steam. Squeeze or spoon out cloves onto your favorite bread for a delicious appetizer or use the roasted cloves in your favorite recipe.
Whole (large) head of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper