• Caring for the Planet with Smart Sustainable Farming •
Simple Tomato, Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
Diced tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil combine for a quick and easy pasta sauce. Pairs well with linguine, penne, or any of your favorite pastas. Easy to customize with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, or any veggies.
- Start with two turns of extra virgin olive oil in a 10" saute pan over medium-high heat and add two cloves of chopped garlic. Saute for a couple minutes being careful to not burn or scorch the garlic.
- Add one can of petite diced tomatoes with the liquid, pinch of sugar, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to the sauting garlic. Stir ingredients together and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After a couple minutes of simmering, add one clove of pressed garlic. This will give the sauce another layer of garlic flavor, a little more intense than the chopped pieces that started the sauce.
- The sauce will thicken as it simmers, but will remain chunky. After about 10 minutes of simmering, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the top of the mixture and simmer for another couple minutes.
- Toss the sauce with your favorite pasta and several torn leaves of fresh basil.
1 can petite cut diced tomatoes
2 or 3 cloves garlic
Fresh basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Sugar, half teaspoon
Parmesan cheese, grated
Freshly ground black pepper